
As usual our security guard Cemut began his shift just like any other day except on that particular day a slight problem occured at the school entrance. Usually right after 8.00am there should not be any vendors, outsiders nor parents were allowed to enter the school premise without permission.
Cemut: "Eh Tony, what a hot day today ah? And its not yet midday."
Tony: "Ya loh, what to do meh? We no work we no money and if no money no honey (laugh).."
Their conversation were abrubtly interupted by their officer.
Guard officer: "You both ah very talkative you know? Both of you are like women who likes to gossip sana sini. Cemut!? Have you done your report or not!?"
Cemut: "Ah...Not yet sir! But im doing it right now."
Guard officer: "You are doing it right now!? Wah, the only thing I see now is that you got your right hand on a handphone and the other is faning your face...WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY BE DOING 'IT' RIGHT NOW!?"
Cemut: "Ayo, just joking lah, no need to marah marah... give us a break lah, me and Tony here been doing the guard duty just now for 2 hours..."
Then suddenly Tony interupted when he spotted a car slowly driving its way to the gate's entrance.
Tony: "Sir...Sir...Sir, ada car coming here..."
The guard officer instructed Cemut to go outside and halt the car. It stopped and lowered its window. Cemut saw a very beautiful lady driving the car.
Cemut: "Hello madam, please state your business and present your ID." He spoke politely
Lady: "ID? I always come here every month. I'm from the education department and I'm here to do a survey of the school."
Cemut look closely at her face and he managed recognized her.
Cemut: "(smiling) Oh yes I do remember you madam."
Lady: "(smiling) See I told you. So, may I enter the school now?"
Cemut: "No madam, without a proper ID I'm afraid I cant let you in."
Lady: "WHAT!? IS MY FACE NOT ENOUGH TO BE A PROOF OF MY IDENTITY?! THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME!"
Cemut: "Why you angry at me madam? YOU THINK THIS SCHOOL IS YOUR KAMPUNG PUNYA SCHOOL KAH!? I'M SORRY BUT I CANT LET YOU IN WITHOUT ANY ID!"
The situation suddenly began to get tense where Cemut and the lady were agrguing at each other. Tony could not take it anymore and so he barge in.
Tony: "GUYS PLEASE STOP IT! (approach the lady) Madam I kindly ask you, do you have your ID with you or not?" He asked.
Lady: "NO AND I'M SORRY..."
Guard officer: "We cant let you in here madam, please understand our job just as you do yours. If you forget to bring your ID, I suggest you head back and get them." He interupted.
Finally the lady agreed and left. The guard officer turn his attention to Cemut.
Guard officer: "WHAT IN THE NAME OF BROTHER SINGH YOU DID JUST NOW!?"
Cemut: "S...Sir I was doing my job, was it wrong?"
Guard officer: "YES! DEAD WRONG! Next time please talk in a good manner to people when you warn them...and DONT BRING PEOPLE'S KAMPUNG INTO IT! Do I make myself clear or not!?"
Cemut and Tony: "YES SIR!"
Well that is the way how you should do things the right way. Sometime we can agree with Cemut and most of the time we cant relate to what he was doing. Anyway just like Cemut, we are only human and dont ever forget that respect does matter than the size. Talk politly to people,smile and there is no need to have an erupting volcano on your head.
Story by: M.N. ABDULLAH @ KARMA JUMANTARA
No comments:
Post a Comment