I woke up to the call of dawn,
I look outside and wonder,
Will today make my face frown?
And,
How today will differ from any other day,
Standing on these ground,
As long as I am still under this uniform,
I bear the burden and responsibility,
A responsibility that no one can understand,
But me,
I sacrifice my time to earn not as much as I can get,
But to learn from what I can handle,
And to be of use to the community,
Not to be an obstacle to them,
This baton never been used so far,
Sometime I think to myself that if it’s just for display,
From dawn to dusk,
Under the sun I roast,
Under these certain pressure I struggle,
Only the eyes of those under this uniform can relate,
How we feel each and every day of our life,
We throw smiles a million times,
But frown are all we get,
Yet we still smile and keep our feelings at bay,
For we know what best and what not,
Every step I take will be watch,
Every mistake I make will be written,
I know how easy it may seem to other people,
For once if I had a wish,
I wish only for them to be in this shoe for a while,
I never regret doing what I do now,
Because I know I choose this path,
Small as it may be,
But the responsibility is endless,
I am a guard and a human being as well,
And thus I can say that I am what I am,
And I am not what I am without my uniform.
No comments:
Post a Comment