Monday, 9 November 2009

Concrete jungle

I thread this land lightly,
I smell the air with grace and harmony.
Today I saw birds flying across the wide blue sky,
Watching them it makes my heart wanted to fly.
But not here,
Trees are replaced with steel poles,
Land burrows and pits are replaced by giant stainless steel manholes.
Animals and birds are replaced by mean machine,
This is the concrete jungle.
Where every morning your don’t hear birds singing,
Instead heavy motors are constantly honking.
The moon always hides beyond the tall building,
Only its light penetrates through the ceiling.
The air felt so congested,
The subways were crowded.
There is no place here to rest our tiny mind,
We are living in a place where we can lose track of time.
The heat wave is burning our skin,
It’s like God is punishing for our sin.
This is the concrete jungle,
A hard place to begin with,
Yet the easiest place to achieve our dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment