I used to clean tables
I even mop the floors
Scrubed the toilet bowls
Welcome the customers at the door
What do I learn?
I understand that living is not easy
What do I earn?
Just pieces of papers that we call money
I witnessed people disrespecting me
I do not frown
Just smile and let it be
Yet deep inside I'm feeling down
From breakfast till dinner time
People just coming through with friends and families
If only they knew how tired I am
If only they can see and understand behind this smile
I served French fries
I served hot coffee
Sometimes I don't even got the chance to fill my own tummy
And yet I just keep my chin up and pretended to be happy
They say a smile can change a person's day
It work for me
But not for most of the customers
Some were polite and others just stared at me and sway
I am just a person who takes the order and delivers
By the end of the day
Coming home is the last thing on my mind
All I wanted to be is with my love
But instead I am here lying in my bed falling my tired eyes to sleep

finally somebody who knows about this beautiful job..
ReplyDeletethat is so true...thanks.
ReplyDelete